Welcome to the realm of Cookpaders.com, a place where you can uncover delectable and straightforward recipes for any occasion.
Today's feature is the drumstick sambar (without sambar powder). This enjoyable recipe is simple and quick to prepare.
All you require are 18 ingredients and the willingness to follow 8 simple steps.
- 1/2 cup Toor dal
- 2 Drumstick (Cut into index finger length)
- 1 gooseberry size Tamarind (Soak in warm water before 15 minutes to cook)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 7 to 8 Shallots (slice into two)
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Hing /asafoetida
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Grated coconut
- as needed Salt
- 14 as needed Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 10 Curry leaves
- 1 Red chilli
Or 👇 jump to method
A well-rounded and nutritious diet is crucial for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various vital functions.
Foods filled with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to bolstering our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an ideal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some valuable insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "drumstick sambar (without sambar powder)".
- Wash toot dal in running water for 3 times and keep in pressure cooker. With this add half chopped tomato, hing, turmeric and 1 tsp of oil. Pressure cook for about 6 whistles or you can cook until done according to your cooker type. Mash this and keep aside.
- Squeeze the tamarind juice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai add mustard, cumin. Once mustard splutter add curry leaves and red chilli.
- Add sliced shallots. Once shallots turn to light add remaining chopped tomato and saute until tomato turns soft.
- Now add the drumstick, chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute a bit. Add one cup of water close with lid and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tamarind juice and salt. Close with lid and cook for another 3 minutes until tamarind juice comes to boiling stage.
- It's time to add mashed dal. Add dal with 1/2 a cup of water and let it cook in simmer for 5 to 8 minutes until sambar start boiling nicely
- Once done add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice and a dollop of ghee.
We're certain that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve excellent results.
If you find this site helpful, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.