Welcome to the universe of Cookpaders.com, a site where you can discover delicious and straightforward recipes for any occasion.
Today's feature is the shakshuka made healthy!. This delightful recipe is easy and quick to prepare.
All you need are 14 ingredients and the willingness to follow 11 simple steps.
- 1 medium sized onion chopped fine
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 large tomato diced
- 50 gms spinach cleaned and chopped fine
- 50 gms mixed bell peppers chopped fine
- 1 tbspn ginger-garlic paste
- to taste Salt
- 1 tbspn ground black pepper
- 1 tbspn mixed herbs
- 2 tbspn grated cheddar cheese
- 50 gms button mushroom cleaned and chopped fine
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves chopped fine
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1 tspn dry spices like turmeric and red chilli powder
Or 👇 jump to method
A healthy and nutritious diet is crucial for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various vital functions.
Foods loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to bolstering our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an optimal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some insightful insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "shakshuka made healthy!".
- In a non stick pan, add the oil and let it heat up on medium flame
- Add the onions and ginger garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn translucent
- Stir in the spinach and remaining veggies(except the tomatoes). Mix and sauté over medium-Low heat. Take care not to overcook
- Finally add the tomatoes, dry spices, herbs,salt, pepper. Mix well and cook covered till the tomato softens.
- Make a small depression/space in the center of the mix with the help of a spoon
- Carefully crack and add the egg in the space created. Add a pinch of salt and ground pepper powder on the eggs and cook covered for another 2-3 minutes or till the eggs are done
- Once done sprinkle the grated cheese and coriander leaves
- Serve warm with bread toasted or just by itself, this egg dish is spectacularly tasty. Enjoy!
- Tips: If you like the crunchiness of the bell peppers, add them towards the end just before you add the egg and mix well
- Tips: For those with high spice tolerance levels, add 1 green chilly finely chopped at step one
- Tips: If you prefer semi/poached eggs, make sure you check the egg and remove from heat before its fully cooked
We're certain that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve excellent results.
If you find this site beneficial, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.