Welcome to the world of Cookpaders.com, a place where you can uncover delicious and straightforward recipes for any event.
Today's feature is the lee's homemade roasted tomato salsa. This enjoyable recipe is simple and quick to prepare.
All you need are 11 ingredients and the readiness to follow 6 simple steps.
- 5 lbs Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 large Onions
- 2 Large Whole Garlic Bulbs
- 2 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 3-4 Large Jalapeño Peppers
- 3 Cups Pure Tomato Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin Powder
- 4 Large Fresh Limes (3/4 -1 cup Juice)
- 1-3 Tablespoons White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Table Salt (To Taste)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
Or 👇 jump to method
A healthy and nutritious diet is crucial for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various important functions.
Foods loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to bolstering our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an ideal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some valuable insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "lee's homemade roasted tomato salsa".
- Roast in the oven at 365' for 50-60 minutes. Turning all peppers over every now and then, to blister the skins evenly. You want everything to be nice and blistered and carmalized in color.
- Place all your vegetables on a rimmed sheet pan. Cut the tops off of the garlic bulbs. Drizzle everything with olive oil. Liberally season everything with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Let vegetables cool to the touch. Slip the skins off of the tomatoes and peppers if desired. Take ribs and seeds out of the Jalapeños, for a milder heat. Leave in for a more intense heat. Put everything in a blender, and puree to desired consistency. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins, and add as well. You will most likely need to blend everything, in at least two separate batches.
- Pour all blended ingredients into a large non reactive stockpot. Add tomato juice, ground cumin, desired sugar, salt, and fresh lime juice. Bring to a low simmer for 30 minutes uncovered. Add the fresh chopped cilantro during the last 5 minutes. Be sure and taste during the entire cooking process. Adjust seasoning as needed for you taste.
- Serve warm or well chilled. Alwats tastes better the next day.. Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks. Enjoy!
- This can easily be processed, and canned. I do not recommend doing this, unless you are very experienced at canning.
We're sure that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve outstanding results.
If you find this site helpful, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your family, friends, and relatives.