Welcome to the realm of Cookpad Recipes, a blog where you can uncover tasty and straightforward recipes for any event.
Today's special is the baked sweet potatoes with maple crème fraîche. This enjoyable recipe is straightforward and quick to prepare.
All you need are 16 ingredients and the readiness to follow 7 easy steps.
- For the sweet potatoes:
- 4 sweet potatoes (each 7 oz), preferably a yellow-fleshed variety such as Garnet or Jewel
- ~2-3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Fine sea salt (or kosher salt)
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or lemon)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fine sea salt
- For garnish:
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, both green and white parts
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
Or 👇 jump to method
A balanced and nutritious diet is essential for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various vital functions.
Foods filled with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to bolstering our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an optimal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some insightful insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "baked sweet potatoes with maple crème fraîche".
- Rinse and scrub the sweet potatoes under running tap water. Slice them lengthwise and place them in a roasting pan, cut side facing up. Brush with the butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cover the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil and press around the edges to seal snugly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil, baste the sweet potatoes with the rest of the butter, if any. Flip them, and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes more, until the sweet potatoes are cooked thoroughly and are tender; a knife inserted into the center of the sweet potato should slide through easily. The cut side should be soft and sweet and the butter should have caramelized.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche, maple syrup, lime juice, fish sauce, if using, and pepper. Taste and season with salt.
- To serve, top the warm roasted potatoes with a few tablespoons of the maple crème fraîche dressing. Sprinkle with the scallions, peanuts, red chilli flakes, and lime zest. Serve with the extra dressing on the side.
We're certain that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve superb results.
If you find this site helpful, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.