Welcome to the universe of Cookpad Recipes, a site where you can discover delectable and straightforward recipes for any event.
Today's highlight is the enchiladas verdes. This pleasing recipe is straightforward and quick to prepare.
All you require are 12 ingredients and the willingness to follow 8 easy steps.
- 1.5 lbs tomatillos
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 avocados
- 1.5 sweet onion
- 1-2 lbs pulled pork
- 20-24 corn tortillas
- Sour cream
Or 👇 jump to method
A balanced and nutritious diet is vital for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various critical functions.
Foods loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to strengthening our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an ideal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some useful insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "enchiladas verdes".
- Cook pork in instant pot. I added salt, smoky dry dub seasoning mix, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and 3/4 cup water. Cook on high 30-60 minutes depending on meat thickness and if it’s fresh or frozen.
- Grill or pan-sear whole poblano peppers. Put them in a plastic bag for 5 minutes, then take the skin off and seeds out.
- Blend tomatillos, 1 avocado, poblano peppers, cilantro, garlic, handful of shredded lettuce, 1 onion, 2 cups of water, salt. I used immersion blender and blended in batches.
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan, add blended mixture, wait until it starts boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Adjust salt to taste. Add more water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Heat a bit oil in a pan. Dip corn tortilla in salsa and put on the pan. Turn. Put meat inside, fold the tortilla, turn.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Pour some salsa in the oven-proof dish. Put tortillas with meat in and add more salsa on top.
- Cook enchiladas in the oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile shred some lettuce and put it in water with some salt and vinegar. Slice 1/2 white onion and a bit of cilantro. Cut avocado.
- Serve enchiladas with more salsa verde, lettuce, onions, avocado and sour cream.
We're confident that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve superb results.
If you find this site beneficial, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your family, friends, and relatives.