Welcome to the world of Cookpaders.com, a site where you can uncover tasty and straightforward recipes for any occasion.
Today's feature is the shepard’s pie in a 9x13 pan. This enjoyable recipe is straightforward and quick to prepare.
All you require are 15 ingredients and the eagerness to follow 4 easy steps.
- Make or buy about 4-5 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2-2.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 bag frozen pea & carrot mix
- 1/2 bag frozen corn kernels
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 1 1/4 c low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1-1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Or 👇 jump to method
A balanced and nutritious diet is vital for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various important functions.
Foods packed with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to strengthening our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an optimal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some valuable insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "shepard’s pie in a 9x13 pan".
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch pan with cooking spray. For the meat and vegetable mixture, in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the ground meat, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, breaking the meat into small pieces, until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are starting to soften, 5-7 minutes or so. Drain any excess grease from the mixture. Sprinkle the flour over the meat and cook over medium to medium-high heat for a minute or so, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the tomato paste, broth, Worcestershire sauce, oregano s& thyme. Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, and peas & carrots. Pour the meat mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the mashed potatoes over the top all the way to the edges of the pan creating a seal over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup cheddar over the top of the potatoes. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are golden and the casserole is bubbling. Let it rest out of the oven for 10 minutes before serving.
We're certain that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve superb results.
If you find this site beneficial, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.