Welcome to the universe of Cookpaders.com, a place where you can uncover tasty and straightforward recipes for any event.
Today's special is the chorizo deer burritos. This pleasing recipe is simple and quick to prepare.
All you require are 14 ingredients and the eagerness to follow 11 simple steps.
- 1 lb ground deer (may use turkey or beef)
- 1 ground chorizo
- 2 can Black beans
- 4 clove minced garlic
- 3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp chicken flavoring
- 1 can mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 packages sour cream
- 1 lb Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head shredded lettuce
- 1 your favorite taco sauce
- 1 dozen large flour tortilla skins
- 2 large Avavados
- 1 cup canola or coconut oil
Or 👇 jump to method
A balanced and nutritious diet is vital for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various vital functions.
Foods packed with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to strengthening our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an optimal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some insightful insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "chorizo deer burritos".
- Crumble and fry meat and chorizo (I think it was a 14 oz.tube of chorizo) together until cooked. Add water as needed to help it cook and not burn. Set aside when finished.
- Rinse and drain 2 15oz. can of black beans. Place in a small skillet with the minced garlic and some water to simmer the beans in. Add 1/4 cup at a time then add more as needed till the beans are as tender as you like.I cooked them about 5 minutes.
- Set aside beans.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. You can either put the chicken flavoring in the water or you could use chicken stock instead of water. Set aside to cool. * They do have frozen already cooked brown rice in the frozen vegetables section.
- It is time to put our burritos together. You may only need 10 of your skins it depends on how full you stuff them. *Remember you have to be able to roll up your burrito.
- Lay your skins on the countertop. Put 2-3 Tablespoons of meat in the middle if your skin about 5 inches long. Next 2-3 tablespoons of rice and then the beans.
- Next add what you like. Tomatoes. Cheese. Sour cream. Lettuce. Avocado. Taco sauce.
- Wrap the two short ends in then fold over one long side and then the other. You should end up with a rectangular shape. Even if it comes out square it will still taste delicious. You can secure it with a toothpick so it will stay closed.
- Next we heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a skillet. When hot we fry our burrito on all four sides until golden. *If you used a toothpick to secure it be sure to REMOVE it before you eat it. ** Add oil as needed. You may also deep fry. When golden you may put on your plate. You can add extra toppings again now but we did not need to.
- Fry as many as you need. You can refrigerate the rest for a few days. You don't have to fry them you could just warm them in the oven or microwave. I only ate them fried.
- Total time is probably not 60 minutes but I didn't really time it.
We're certain that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve excellent results.
If you find this site helpful, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.