Welcome to the universe of Cookpad Recipes, a blog where you can find tasty and straightforward recipes for any event.
Today's feature is the my simple pie crust. This delightful recipe is easy and quick to prepare.
All you need are 4 ingredients and the willingness to follow 10 easy steps.
- 90 grams Strong bread flour
- 90 grams Cake flour
- 150 grams Salted butter
- 75 ml Chilled water
Or 👇 jump to method
A healthy and nutritious diet is vital for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various critical functions.
Foods filled with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to boosting our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an ideal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some insightful insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "my simple pie crust".
- Sift together the bread flour and cake flour. Cut the butter into 2 cm cubes and keep chilled.
- Add butter to the sifted flour, and using a dough scraper, cut the butter while mixing into the flour, until the butter forms bean-sized lumps.
- Add chilled water to the dough from Step 2, mix with a spatula, then use your hands to bring it together. The key is not to knead it, leaving the dots of butter intact.
- Form the dough into a 10 cm x 15 cm rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or more in the refrigerator. When baking pies, it's easier if you prepare the dough a day in advance.
- Dust your working surface with flour, then roll out the dough to 1 cm thick, then fold into thirds, bringing the sides into the center.
- Rotate the dough 90º, then repeat Step 5, 5 times--making a total of six repeated rolling steps.
- Now, it's ready to use! The once crumbly dough is now nice and smooth.
- To make puff pastry If you roll out the dough to 5 mm thick, then freeze them, you'll have a nice stock of puff pastry!
- For apple pies, bake for a total of 40 minutes: 20 minutes at 200°C, then for 20 more minutes at 180°C.
- See my Heart Shaped Sugar Pie. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145648-heart-shaped-sugar-pie
We're certain that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve outstanding results.
If you find this site beneficial, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.