Welcome to the realm of Cookpad Recipes, a blog where you can discover delectable and straightforward recipes for any event.
Today's highlight is the spelt sweet potato taco shell. This delightful recipe is easy and quick to prepare.
All you require are 4 ingredients and the eagerness to follow 6 simple steps.
- 1 Cup mashed Boniato sweet potato (PLU#4546) or other varities
- 2 Cups Fresh milled Organic spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
Or 👇 jump to method
A healthy and nutritious diet is vital for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various important functions.
Foods packed with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to bolstering our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an optimal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some valuable insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "spelt sweet potato taco shell".
- Steam several similar size Boniato sweet potato in a steamer or the top steamer in an Aroma rice cooker for 25 minutes or more until fork easily could get through
- Cool your sweet potato once cooked in a large plate until your hands can handle. Remove the peel of those sweet potatoes by hand and mash them in a measuring cup until you get 1 full cup. Transfer it into a mixing bowl.
- Measure 2 cups of organic spelt flour and add them into the same mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar. Mixing them well by hand or a mixer. Rest the dough in a ziplock bag for at least 6 hours in a warm spot. I typically use oven with the lamp on, it gives a nice temperature of around 90F.
- After resting for a nice 6 hours, cut the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each divided piece into a small ball, and flat it by hand and roll the dough into a 8-9 inch round taco shell.
- Cook it on a flat pan on medium heat for 2 minutes each side until you see small or big bubbles puff up and the color turns to darker brown and aromatic. If you leave it longer with low heat, the shell will be more crispy.
- As for fillings, I like to sauté some veggies with baked chicken or shredded pork. Cooked brown rice or beans would go very well with this shell. Top with fresh diced organic tomatoes and chopped cilantro. A touch of fresh lime juice would maximize the flavor profile.
We're certain that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve excellent results.
If you find this site helpful, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your family, friends, and relatives.