Welcome to the realm of Cookpaders.com, a site where you can find tasty and straightforward recipes for any event.
Today's special is the easy italian dressing roast chicken & fresh tomato sauce. This pleasing recipe is simple and quick to prepare.
All you require are 10 ingredients and the willingness to follow 7 simple steps.
- For the chicken:
- 3 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on the skin side, down to the bone, about 2"long and 1" apart
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing (well shaken) + 1 teaspoon garlic salt mixed in a small bowl
- 1/4 cup grated dry cheese (like Parmesan, Asiago, Manchego, etc...)
- For the fresh tomato sauce:
- 2 baskets grape or cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian herbs OR 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (if needed to round out the acid in the dressing)
Or 👇 jump to method
A healthy and nutritious diet is vital for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various vital functions.
Foods filled with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to strengthening our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an optimal weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some valuable insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "easy italian dressing roast chicken & fresh tomato sauce".
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and dressing mixture and toss gently several times to coat the chicken thoroughly. Take some of the run off dressing mixture and work it into each score. Let the chicken sit while you're preparing the tomato sauce components.
- In your roasting pan, add all the tomato sauce components and give them a few good stirs to evenly distribute all the ingredients and seasonings.
- Lay your chicken skin side up atop the tomato mixture, leaving a little space between the pieces. Make sure to put any leftover marinade into the pan, too.
- Pop the pan into the middle rack of the oven, turn it up to 425F, set the timer for 60 minutes, and sometime in the next 60 minutes, boil whatever pasta you'd like to have with your tomato sauce, drain, toss it with a teaspoon or so of olive oil so it won't stick, and set it aside. I'm a big fan of the cold, shallow water method.
- After 60 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese in equal portions atop the chicken pieces, and put it back on the top rack of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (Check at the 10 minute mark to see if it's done to your liking or if it could use just a few more minutes in the oven.)
- I like to put the chicken on its own platter and serve the pasta on the side and just spoon the tomato sauce, broth and all, over the pasta.
We're sure that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve superb results.
If you find this site helpful, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.