Welcome to the universe of Cookpad Recipes, a blog where you can discover tasty and straightforward recipes for any occasion.
Today's feature is the super simple & authentic chicken ginseng soup. This enjoyable recipe is straightforward and quick to prepare.
All you require are 19 ingredients and the willingness to follow 8 simple steps.
- 2 ☆Bone-in chicken legs
- 4 ☆Dried dates
- 1 tsp ☆Goji berries
- 1 tsp ☆Pine nuts
- 1 ☆Ginseng, or burdock root
- 4 small ☆Dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 clove ☆Garlic
- 1 piece ☆Ginger
- 50 ml ☆Mochi Sticky Rice
- 200 ml ☆Water for rehydrating dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cup ☆Water
- 4 ☆Peeled chestnuts
- 8 ☆Gingko nuts
- 1 tsp ☆Salt
- 2 tsp Rokusuke salt
- 2 tbsp Sake (for seasoning)
- 1 dash Salt (for seasoning)
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Green onions
Or 👇 jump to method
A healthy and nutritious diet is essential for maintaining good health. Consuming a variety of foods that provide essential nutrients helps our bodies perform various important functions.
Foods filled with vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants are key to boosting our immune system and shielding us from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Additionally, a healthy diet aids in maintaining an healthy weight, controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels, and even balancing hormones. For growing children and teenagers, proper nutrition is crucial for their full physical development and brain growth. For adults, a well-rounded diet can significantly enhance daily productivity and energy levels.
In essence, adopting a healthy eating habit as a part of your lifestyle is a long-term investment in better health and improved quality of life.
We trust that you’ve gained some insightful insights from this information. Now, let’s return to the preparation of the "super simple & authentic chicken ginseng soup".
- Wash the mochi-sticky rice and let soak in water for at least 30 minutes. Rehydrate the dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water.
- Flavor the chicken thighs with salt and sake.
- Cut the burdock root into bite-sized pieces, parboil, then drain in a strainer. If using ginseng you don't have to do this, just add as-is.
- Peel the garlic and and ginger and cut into slices.
- Add all the ☆ ingredients to the pot (add the water used to rehydrate the shiitake as well), cover with a lid and cook on medium heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce to the lowest heat possible and simmer for more than 100 minutes, removing any scum as it forms. If you have a pressure cooker you can use it on medium heat for 25 minutes with pressure, and it's complete.
- Once the chicken has reached your desired softness, test the flavor and adjust with salt and pepper. Top with green onions if you like.
- If you feel the taste is too thin, adding rokusuke salt is very delicious. Of course, regular salt is just as good.
We're sure that by accurately following the recipe we've provided, from the ingredients to the steps, you'll achieve superb results.
If you find this site beneficial, remember to add it to your bookmarks and share it with your loved ones, friends, and relatives.